YOU'LL FIND AT THIS VIRTUAL SPOT NOT ONLY NICE PLACES TO VISIT, BUT ALSO INTERESTING AND WONDERFUL BOOKS TO ENJOY.
BY MONTSE CARRANZA MILIÁN.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Venice in winter also gives you beauty and happiness.




"If you walk around Venice probably you will hear the gondoliers sing..."
THE BLONDE IN THE GONDOLA
TIZIANO SCARPA
This is a prose version of the most famous Venetian song:
The other evening I took the blonde girl out in a gondola. But
the pleasure made the poor thing drop off to asleep. She slept
on my arm, every now and then I woke her; but the boat's
rocking put her back to sleep. In the sky the moon was half hidden
among the clouds. The lagoon was calm, the wind had
dropped. Only a light breeze ruffled her hair and bared her
breast. Carefully contemplating the features of my treasure,
that little face so smooth, that mouth and that beautiful breast,
I felt a longing in my heart, a stirring, a kind of euphoria that
I can't explain. For a while I respected her sleep, and put up
with it, despite Love in person arousing me. And I very slowly
tried to lie down there with her; but how can you lie relaxed
with a burning fire beside you ? Luckily in the end I got tired
of letting her sleep, and I behaved like a shameless person, but I
had nothing to regret. Because, my God, what beautiful things
I said to her did to her! Seriously, I have never in my life
been so happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment